Our first unit in Literature and Film 12 Honors will be based around answering the question “What is the true definition of a hero?” We will explore this idea through various stories, films, and assignments.
For your first assignment and blog response, please find videos or images, or just write your thoughts on the topic: “What is the true definition of a hero?” Please include your written answer, along with video footage (from youtube is fine) on your blog page. I would like to learn more about you and what you believe about heroes and villains, etc.
Also, are there any great movies you would like to suggest to the class? Or any great viral videos out now that are especially funny or moving, etc.? How about books or stories you would like to share? (Summer reading is due on September 16th!) Feel free to add those to your first blog, too. We want to get to know each other as the year starts, and what better way than through film and literature.
One of our favorite videos in my family is the BatDad series. He is so funny! And his wife deserves a lot of credit because she puts up with a lot.
**There are certain blog guidelines, which you should follow each time you write a response.
General Blog Guidelines:
1. Answer the questions that I have proposed completely. Most often, I will ask you to read and/or watch something first, so therefore I will require you to refer to the articles and or/or films, etc. in your blog posts. Failing to do so when asked will result in a significantly lower grade.
2. You may be asked to post a picture or document to your blog. Please do so when asked. 3. I will ask that you write comments on other’ blogs. I will then approve and post them. Be respectful and say something- not just “that’s a nice thought…” or “I agree..” Be thoughtful in your comments.
3. I may ask you to approve the comments on your blog posts. If so, please do so in a timely manner, and alert me if you are uncomfortable with the comments made by other students. We will rectify the situation, but not if I don’t know about it.
4. Blog posts need titles. Number the blogs according to the blog number I have given it, and then come up with a creative title for your blog.
5. You will be graded on content, creativity, development, and mechanics.
TONIGHT–Go home and make your blog page with a short “About Me” page. Play around with settings. Then, answer Blog #1. Tomorrow we will start talking about heroes and villains, etc.
***Here are the directions for adding yourself to my class…